The properties of the connection (contact) can be opened via the context menu item Properties.
Trough main menu — Tools — Default connection properties, you can set the connection settings by default, which will apply to new contacts.
Name of connection — the name for a contact, as it will be displayed in the list.
IP address or DNS name — enter the IP or DNS name of the remote computer.
IPv6 — use IP version 6.
Enter the password to access the remote computer, the password which was specified during the installation of the server part.
User name — specify the user name if the server is using security Permissions LM.
Save password — option allows you to save the password. For greater security, do not save the password.
Auto-logon — use this option if need auto-connecting.
Connection through NoIP server — use connection by ID for this contact, enter ID for contact.
- Normal. The full-size remote computer screen is displayed in a separate window. If the window is smaller than the size of the remote screen, scroll bars are added so that you can move to the required part of the screen. You can also scroll the remote screen image with the mouse (Screen mouse scrolling option). The remote screen image moves in the direction corresponding to the side of the window you move the mouse cursor to.
- Fullscreen. The remote screen image occupies the entire screen of the local computer. If the resolutions of the remote and local computers differ, the remote screen image will be proportionally scaled.
- Stretch. The entire remote computer screen is fit into a separate window.
Advanced mouse scroll — this option allows you to move around the control window by moving the mouse cursor to the window border.
Constrain proportions — when an image is stretched or squeezed, aspect ratio of the window is preserved so that you can easier perceive the image.
Address book property, by changing this property you can transfer the contact to another address book (another file).
Pin session — specify a name of the session (user) to which is attached a contact, for example on a terminal server.
Get current sessions list by clicking on Get sessions button.
Color and CPU.
- 24 bits (more than 16 million colors).
- 16 bits (65 thousand colors).
- 15 bits (32 thousand colors).
- 8 bits (256 colors).
- 4 bits (16 colors).
- 1 bit (2 colors).
This parameter determines the image display quality and amount of data transferred over the network. For example, if you have slow Internet connection, it is advisable to reduce the image quality to 8-4 bits.
Capture only foreground window — shows only one active window from your partner's screen.
Set the slider to one of four positions. This will correspondingly change the data transfer rate.
- High. This mode will ensure that LiteManager runs at its best in high bandwidth networks and on the high-performance computer. It is recommended to use it with the standard network mode.
- Normal. Default mode. It is suitable to most connections.
- Low. This mode is suitable for slow computers or computers under heavy load.
- FPS. It is a special mode where you can strictly limit FPS (frames per second). The field where you can set FPS is located below.
- Blank the server's screen. This option allows you to lock the remote computer's desktop. The remote user cannot see the screen and your actions on it, they will see only a black screen. This option is not compatible with the capture of semi-transparent windows.
- Lock server's mouse and keyboard. This option allows you to lock the mouse and keyboard on a remote computer so that the user does not interfere with your work.
- Disable Aero (Windows Vista/2008). When establishing connection, graphical shell Aero will be turned off to improve program performance and reduce system load.
- Remove wallpaper. This options allows you to remove a colorful wallpaper from the desktop thus speeding up program performance especially on computers with slow Internet connections.
- Capture alpha-blending windows. This option allows you to capture transparent windows in the system. There will be a side effect – the mouse cursor on the screen will flicker.
- Lock workstation on disconnect. If the control mode is closed, for example, when the connection is broken, the remote computer is automatically locked.
- Disable synchronize clipboard. This option allows you to turn off automatic synchronization of Copy & Paste functions.
- Logoff on disconnecting from screen. On ending of the remote screen connection, authorization will be reset.
- Set text for blank screen. Enter the text you want to be displayed when the computer is locked.
- Cleat blank screens text. Clear text for black screen mode.
- Local mouse pointer — parameters of the local mouse cursor that can take form of the remote mouse cursor, can be displayed as a point or used as a standard pointer without changing its form and state.
- Rendering of servers cursor — allows you to toggle the display of the mouse cursor of the remote computer. For example, to display the remote computer's mouse cursor, when control mode is not enabled, i.e., to display the mouse cursor only in the View mode so that it will not bother you while you work and will be displayed when you view the screen. You can enable its continued drawing, or turn off this option altogether.
Share mouse and keyboard (replicate events between connections) — allows you to sync events of mouse and keyboard between multiple remote control windows. For example, turn on this property for the two contacts and run to each of them the remote control mode, all the actions from one computer will be simultaneously transferred to second PC.
Server's port — specify the network port of the server.
Connect through the host — connection through one server to another one. Read more about cascade connection.
Connection from current group — shows in the drop down list only a connections from current group.
- The standard mode. This mode is suitable for high bandwidth networks. It ensures the best performance of the program.
- The economy mode. In this mode, LiteManager uses a special technology to reduce network traffic up to 10 times as compared with the standard mode, which allows you to efficiently use the program even on computers with slow network connections.
Save cache on the disk (speeds up connect) — saves on local disk some cache data. Speeds up connecting to remote PC.
Use personal NoIP — set the special NoIP settings for this contact.
Use personal proxy — set the special proxy settings for this contact.
- Show FPS. This option allows you to display FPS and the data rate on the screen.
- Fast close view window, when there is a closure of the remote control. The window will not wait for the proper closure of the communication channel. Visually, this option may not be noticeable at work.
- When viewing does not use a black screen /blocking. This option disables locking the screen, if the View only mode is enabled.
- Do not save window position. The window will open with the default size and in the default position.
- Hide error messages about breaking of the connection.
- Fullscreen mode to all monitors — fullscreen mode stretched to all monitors of computer.