Problem connect to server

Troubleshooting

Problem connect to server

Postby pvi » 10 Nov 2016, 19:06

I am new at LM and just testing this product, so it could be a beginner mistakes:
- I have running LmNoip server (W10)
- I have a server on other station (W7), the server is connected to LmNoip server
- I have running Lmviewer on the same station as LMNoip server (W10)
- unfortunately I cannot connect to the remote server (W7) with LMviever, error: NoIP connection problem. I am trying configuration on "server settings control" using "by ID" and also connect through "Use another NoIP", but without success. It seems like LMvierwer couldnt connect to NoIP server (both are running on the same machine)
- ports on both machines are open (5650,5651), testing in local network on the same IP range

any help?
tx in advance
pvi

Re: Problem connect to server

Postby admin » 11 Nov 2016, 08:08

Hi!
It must be very simple...
Just look at instructions
http://www.litemanager.com/support/Know ... p_private/

Check your firewall, and try to use 127.0.0.1 IP host address on viewer side.
lm_noip.png
lm_noip.png (49.87 KiB) Viewed 15793 times

PS
- unfortunately I cannot connect to the remote server (W7) with LMviever, error: NoIP connection problem. I am trying configuration on "server settings control" using "by ID" and also connect through "Use another NoIP", but without success. It seems like LMvierwer couldnt connect to NoIP server (both are running on the same machine)

Do not use server settings control page
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby pvi » 24 Nov 2016, 17:12

Hi, thanks for your quick response.
This was the first try I did. Exactly as instructed, but without success, then I tried other setting as I wrote in the first comment.

actually:
- ports are open, noip -> server@5650, server -> noip@5651
- server is connected to NoIP server - i can see it at Statistic tab of NoIP server window
- locally port 5651 of NoIP server on 127.0.0.1 is open (checked via telnet)
- settings of "Connect by ID" of LMViewer is as instructed. If using loopback or DHCP IP, result is the same - no connection to server

fig1.PNG
fig1.PNG (49.12 KiB) Viewed 15760 times
pvi

Postby admin » 25 Nov 2016, 06:49

>>- I have running Lmviewer on the same station as LMNoip server (W10)
I'm looking on the picture and see that the NoIP address is 192.168.1.178, if it correct try use 127.0.0.1 intead, because Viewer and NoIP running on the same PC.

Perhaps problem in W10 settings, it can lock Viewer (check system firewall private and public network settings), or may be you have several network interfaces on this PC.

Try run Viewer on the other network PC.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby Greg_Salyer_13 » 02 Dec 2016, 14:00

I could not get this to work either. I found it much simpler to use http://www.noip.com I created a dynamic dns name for each location I have on noip.com (i.e. myserver1.noip.com). Then setup port forwards on the routers with a different public port for each computer at each location with all the private ports still being the LM default. I think this provides a bit of additional security anyway as you don't have the known LM port open. Then in LM you can connect to any server at any location. Each location uses the same dns name for the IP and simply specify the correct port. You will also have to open the default LM port (inbound rule) on the firewall for each server. I could not get it to work with the romserver rule that is setup by the install.
Greg_Salyer_13

Return to LiteManager: Support