File transfer, unresponsive buttons & app hang

Troubleshooting

File transfer, unresponsive buttons & app hang

Postby infidel » 17 Aug 2016, 11:59

I am facing 2 problems with file transfer, one minor and one major

1. Sometimes in file transfer mode, the remote side buttons above the file/folder view cannot be pressed. Moving the mouse over them does not even initiate the mouse over effect. This happens only on server side buttons.

2. Again, sometimes, when trying to initiate a file transfer with a remote host that is already connected, no file transfer window is created and the application hangs, requiring a task manager kill.

I wish i had more information on replicating the problems,the issues appear frequently but random. Happens with previous and current program version.
infidel

Re: File transfer, unresponsive buttons & app hang

Postby admin » 17 Aug 2016, 12:32

1. Sometimes in file transfer mode, the remote side buttons above the file/folder view cannot be pressed. Moving the mouse over them does not even initiate the mouse over effect. This happens only on server side buttons.

this happening when remote side setup network connection, during data transfer through network

2. Again, sometimes, when trying to initiate a file transfer with a remote host that is already connected, no file transfer window is created and the application hangs, requiring a task manager kill.

perhaps need to reauthorizate connection...
right click on connection and Logon.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby infidel » 17 Aug 2016, 17:49

admin wrote:

this happening when remote side setup network connection, during data transfer through network

perhaps need to reauthorizate connection...
right click on connection and Logon.

1. I am not sure i understand. I always connect to servers, and always using ip address and port forwarding.

2. That is my opinion too. The connection must somehow get stale and cause the effect. It happens usually when i leave the app open for more than an hour, but it has happened also immediately after app launch. The strange thing is that it only happens with file transfer. All other functions never hang the app. And it happens even after i remote connect to a server, and then try to file transfer.
infidel

Postby admin » 18 Aug 2016, 06:22

Please send me screenshots of the problem....
admin
Администратор

Postby infidel » 18 Aug 2016, 06:58

error.jpg
error.jpg (97.91 KiB) Viewed 19246 times

Buttons inside red rectangle sometimes do not work. Same buttons on left side always work
infidel

Postby admin » 18 Aug 2016, 07:42

Right side is locked when the data getting from remote PC, while transferring through network
admin
Администратор

Postby infidel » 18 Aug 2016, 08:06

For me, right side is always locked. As soon as i open file transfer, right side is locked. I am not transferring anything, only browsing through folders. Perhaps i am missing something...

Regarding the file transfer window hang problem, if i give it some time, around 30 seconds, it will eventually open the file transfer window. It just takes a long time to establish the file transfer connection, and if during that time you try to interact with the rest of the program, it hangs. This is weird, because all other modes (remote desktop, task manager etc) open instantly and then take some time to populate. File transfer on the other hand behaves differently. I am not a programmer, sorry if i say something stupid, just trying to help. But it looks to me like the initial connection is not asynchronous?
infidel

Postby admin » 18 Aug 2016, 09:12

like the initial connection is not asynchronous?

ok, close other connections mode and use only file transfer in this case will better?
admin
Администратор

Postby infidel » 18 Aug 2016, 09:36

The problem does not appear consistently. It has happened directly after i started the app and tried to connect with file transfer to a remote host, no other connection modes opened. I have auto-logon enabled if it makes any difference. I will test more.
infidel

Postby admin » 18 Aug 2016, 12:57

disable auto logon....

Perhaps problem in IP address or router, may be IP is changed dynamically or temporary unavailable ?
admin
Администратор

Next

Return to LiteManager: Support