Dual monitors...

Troubleshooting

Dual monitors...

Postby CodeDog » 18 Aug 2010, 03:17

Downloaded Litemanager Free to test before I purchased. Works great, except I have a problem with dual monitors. The two systems I want to use it on are local, and both have dual monitors. I can't seem to get the cursor on the remote (server) computer to show on the correct part of the viewer window. When I do full desktop I get the server's main screen and a blank area where the secondary monitor would be, but also when my cursor is moved over the server's main screen (on my viewer computer) the cursor on the server is actually on the secondary display. And when I move my cursor (viewer computer) to the blank area the server's cursor moves to the primary display. When I tell my system (viewer) to show only the primary display on the server, it does, but the cursor on the server computer is actually on the secondary monitor. In other words, the cursor being shown on the viewer computer is on the opposite screen that it's actually on on the server computer.

This is turning out to be hard to describe. :roll:

Other than that, it seems to work well. Anyone else having an issue like this?
CodeDog

Re: Dual monitors...

Postby admin » 18 Aug 2010, 09:07

We are tested our programm on the dual display on both sistems, it's working great .
Sorry, try to use only first monitor as primary on the viewer side.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby CodeDog » 18 Aug 2010, 15:45

Thanks for the reply. Could be our configuration, Vista Home Premium 32bit on the viewer side and XP Pro SP3 on the server side, I don't know.

On the viewer side, telling LiteManager to show full displays the primary desktop on the server side and a blank section of screen where the secondary would be displayed (the second display on the server is not blank at the time). As a side note, it also shows them reversed according to the actual configuration.

Telling LiteManager to use Display 1 shows the primary screen on the viewer side, but the cursor is actually active on Display 2 on the server side.

Telling LiteManager to use Display 2 shows a blank screen on the viewer side, even though there is content on the server side.

Local area network, computers are side by side so it's easy to check.

As I said, though, it may be our configuration. Thanks again for the reply...
CodeDog

Postby admin » 18 Aug 2010, 22:41

May be you can to attach some screenshots it's will be helpfull for us.

Thanks
admin
Администратор

Postby CodeDog » 19 Aug 2010, 02:07

The server shows both screens, the cursor position is not displayed in the screen capture. The screen showing Yahoo is the primary display, the screen showing Google is the secondary display.

The viewer image shows the full display. The primary display is showing on the left, but the blank area to the right is where the secondary screen should be displayed. Again, the cursor is not displayed in the screen capture, but in this scenario placing the cursor in the blank area on the right on the viewer actually places the cursor on the server over the Yahoo page. Placing the cursor on the viewer over the Yahoo section actually places the cursor on the server over the Google section on the server.

While the cursor is on the blank area on the viewer it shows as a 'clickable' cursor as it passes over clickable areas of the Yahoo screen on the server.

If I set the viewer to Primary display only, it shows the Yahoo screen on the server, but the cursor is locked to the Google screen on the server. The reverse happens if I choose secondary display.

Basically, the secondary screen is never displayed on the viewer, and the cursor on the server is always on the opposite page the cursor is on for the viewer.

Both computers are using Radeon dual display cards.

Hope that helps...
Attachments
LM-Server.jpg
LM-Server.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 27800 times
LM-Viewer.jpg
LM-Viewer.jpg (99.5 KiB) Viewed 27800 times
CodeDog

Postby admin » 19 Aug 2010, 07:16

>>The screen showing Yahoo is the primary display, the screen showing Google is the secondary display.
Try to change display settings, set screen showing Yahoo as the secondary , screen showing Google as the primary display.
May be it's help

And also you can select display. In attachment, please attach similar screenshot
Attachments
1.png
displays
1.png (22.45 KiB) Viewed 27799 times
admin
Администратор

Postby admin » 20 Aug 2010, 09:13

Seems this a bug we fix it in next version.
Thanks
admin
Администратор

Postby CodeDog » 21 Aug 2010, 03:19

Glad you were able to track it down. I didn't see any kind of mailing or subscription list on the site, so if you'd like to send me an email to the address in my forum profile when the next version comes out with the fix I'd be glad to buy a copy. Thanks for the reply...
CodeDog

Postby admin » 21 Aug 2010, 07:49

Ok
admin
Администратор

Return to LiteManager: Support