Access denied to Windows Server 2016

Troubleshooting

Access denied to Windows Server 2016

Postby elo » 22 Oct 2020, 09:01

Hi
I have a small domain in my home with a media server and several workstations/PCs/Laptops. I would like to use LiteManager to remotely access the machines in my domain. Installing the Server and accessing it on WIn 10 machines is no problem. However when attempting the same on the Win Server 2016 I am not able to access . I get a code 120 in the log and and access denied.

The firewall has been temporarily disabled. I am using the internal network so no port forwarding should be necessary. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
elo

Re: Access denied to Windows Server 2016

Postby admin » 26 Oct 2020, 13:03

Hello!
If you got that error in LiteManager Server's log file

Access denied.

Check LM Server settings, User page, Ask user permission for Auth
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby elo » 26 Oct 2020, 15:43

admin wrote:Hello!
If you got that error in LiteManager Server's log file

Access denied.

Check LM Server settings, User page, Ask user permission for Auth

Thanks for your answer. Yes it is set up with the Ask user permission for Auth ON and the Auto Deny Users ON. Then I DO NOT GET access when giving the correct password. I have installed the server also on a WIndows server 2019 which behaves in the same way.

If you mean i should let the Ask user permission for Auth OF (like indicated in your Options window I get access to both servers without being asked for a password.

If I let the Ask user permission for Auth ON both servers deny access.

So if I leave the Auto deny access to ON and the Ask user permission for Auth to OFF I get in without having to give a password. I don't understand the logic? (I did set up to remember the login password so that might be the explanation). It is not a big deal though as WIndows OS asks for User and Password...

And by the way: This software is impressive!!!!
elo

Postby admin » 27 Oct 2020, 08:36

Thanks for your answer. Yes it is set up with the Ask user permission for Auth ON and the Auto Deny Users ON. Then I DO NOT GET access when giving the correct password. I have installed the server also on a WIndows server 2019 which behaves in the same way.

In this case, when you connect to remote PC, on remote side User should see Dialog window and provide or decline access to PC.

If you mean i should let the Ask user permission for Auth OF (like indicated in your Options window I get access to both servers without being asked for a password.

Yes, by default that option is not used, you will connect to remote PC only with Password.

If I let the Ask user permission for Auth ON both servers deny access.

Check on the remote side, on LM Server , remote User must provide access.

So if I leave the Auto deny access to ON and the Ask user permission for Auth to OFF I get in without having to give a password. I don't understand the logic? (I did set up to remember the login password so that might be the explanation). It is not a big deal though as WIndows OS asks for User and Password...

The password is needed for all time, perhaps you have save it in Viewer, in the contacts properties.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Return to LiteManager: Support