Windows Drag and Drop

Troubleshooting

Windows Drag and Drop

Postby tjoebgen » 01 Aug 2019, 15:52

Freshly installed latest download version yesterday on several Windows PCs. Tested various features I require and was happy with what I saw.

One of the important features for me is file transfer, specifically dragging files from my PC to remote PCs using Windows File Explorer. Dragging files/folders from my File Explorer to an open File Explorer on the remote. I tested it with one file and it worked so I moved on with my test of other features.

Today, I wanted to drag multiple folders from my PC to a remote PC and it does not allow (it never gives me the copy (or drop) icon in the remote view). I then tried a single file transfer and it did not work the first time, but it worked when I tried it again a moment or two later. It seems the single file drag and drop is hit or miss.

But, I have not been able to drag and drop folders. Am I missing a trick here, or is that not available?

I used the File Transfer mode to do what I had to do. But, I noticed that the transfer is considerably slower than it is when I use other remote control programs.

Note: about 90% of my time on PCs is being remoted into many different computers. Most of my professional sites use LogMeIn (site licensed), and my personal sites were using TeamViewer (which I've not really cared for but it got the job done for free). This week, TeamViewer has started to aggressively block or limit connections stating that they are commercial (when in fact not). I like what I see in LiteManager.

Thank you
Tjoebgen
tjoebgen

Re: Windows Drag and Drop

Postby admin » 02 Aug 2019, 06:24

But, I have not been able to drag and drop folders. Am I missing a trick here, or is that not available?

I just checked it, folders drag&drop work, do you use left button of mouse?

I used the File Transfer mode to do what I had to do. But, I noticed that the transfer is considerably slower than it is when I use other remote control programs.

Yes, files transfer is not so fast, LM compress end encrypt files.
Try to use LM in local network, perhaps it will work faster.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby tjoebgen » 02 Aug 2019, 11:28

admin wrote:

I just checked it, folders drag&drop work, do you use left button of mouse?

I actually tried both left and right - neither will let me drag a folder. Does LM have to do some long process to verify what it's doing? Maybe I have to hold it over the destination longer? I've gone as far as holding it over the destination for 10 seconds.

admin wrote:

Yes, files transfer is not so fast, LM compress end encrypt files.
Try to use LM in local network, perhaps it will work faster.

It actually is in the local network that I'm copying to.
tjoebgen

Postby admin » 02 Aug 2019, 12:47

Please send me a screenshot or a video on support@litemanager.com
admin
Администратор

Postby tjoebgen » 03 Aug 2019, 18:38

Well, I can get the folder drag-and-drop to work, but it's a bit touchy (using version 4.9 (4930))

So, as I was replying to the support email address with screen shots, I do the process again so I can provide details about what I see (such as the destination folder losing focus for a second and then gaining it, and the pointer changing from circle-slash to [+] and back again), and this time I managed to release the (left) mouse button in time and the upload began. It seems like the folder drag-and-drop does work, but you have to release the mouse button the instant that the pointer changes to [+]. But this only lasts about 1 second before going back to the circle-slash symbol. I wish it would let me wait as long as I want, to prevent dropping into the wrong folder.

Also, is there a way to get the Upload dialogue box to come to the front automatically? This would be helpful to let me know that the drop was successfully started (as there is no other indication until the transfer is complete and the new folder shows up at the destination).

Thank you,
tjoebgen
tjoebgen

Postby admin » 05 Aug 2019, 06:57

Also, is there a way to get the Upload dialogue box to come to the front automatically?

When I drop files, upload dialog is shown on the front
admin
Администратор

Return to LiteManager: Support