PC to Mac management

Troubleshooting

PC to Mac management

Postby Eric.Wilson » 24 Jan 2019, 22:17

I am having difficulties getting this application to connect to the mac from a pc. I want to run the server on the mac and the viewer on the pc. whenever i try to connect to the ip of one from the other, it fails and believes the other is offline.

both computers are on the same local network. the mac can ping the pc. the pc can ping the mac but the mac actively refuses the connection. I have dealt with all settings on the mac to remedy this issue but it persists, i'm not sure what else could be the cause.

does anyone know what might be causing this, and how to control ideally the mac from the pc or vice versa?
Eric.Wilson

Re: PC to Mac management

Postby admin » 25 Jan 2019, 06:51

Hello!
Unfortunately, At this moment LiteManager has only client for Mac OS, You can connect from Mac to PC.

As a way possible to use Emulator for Mac - CrossOver, run LM Server with it.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby Eric.Wilson » 25 Jan 2019, 23:02

ok, it sounds like the mac can't be externally controlled.

if i try to control the PC from the mac, i can't connect to the ip address. the connect by id seems to be working, however it requires a login of some sort. I haven't set up a login on either pc or mac and the connection is locked if this fails. do you know how to ignore or disable this login request?
Eric.Wilson

Postby admin » 26 Jan 2019, 09:40

i can't connect to the ip address.

Connection by IP is possible, just enter IP address and click connect.

I haven't set up a login on either pc or mac and the connection is locked if this fails.

When You install LM Server on remote PC (windows based) during installation Security window of LM Server was shown
http://www.litemanager.com/support/Know ... er_viewer/

set password in this window. (without user name, only password)
admin
Администратор

Postby Eric.Wilson » 28 Jan 2019, 16:15

Connection by IP is possible, just enter IP address and click connect.

this is not possible, at least for my network. it just says it is offline. the id system is able to connect to the pc, possibly because it goes to your servers and not just the local network?

after reinstalling the server on PC and setting the password again, i used id to connect. I filled out the password field and it stopped prompting me for a username which i had not set.

it now appears to be working, thanks.
Eric.Wilson

Postby admin » 28 Jan 2019, 19:18

this is not possible, at least for my network. it just says it is offline. the id system is able to connect to the pc, possibly because it goes to your servers and not just the local network?

Yes, ID connection works through our main LM server.
But, IP connection is possible too. Check Your network settings.

Offline - means that is remote PC is fully unavailable, like it is turned off.

PS
on LM Server side, move mouse cursor on LM Server icon (blue icon beside system clock) and the hint will be shown with IP information
admin
Администратор

Return to LiteManager: Support