Multiple monitors / Full Control / Full Screen

Troubleshooting

Multiple monitors / Full Control / Full Screen

Postby hendryjl » 12 Dec 2018, 14:19

So, first, let me say how great your software is for my situation! I only have one issue, and my setup is a little tricky...

The server I am working on normally (where I run my viewer) is a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine that I use as my "every day" desktop. It has a total of 5 displays, arranged like so:

screens.jpg
screens.jpg (30.53 KiB) Viewed 7546 times

The main screen is 1920x1080, and the other 4 screens are 2560x1440. I am connecting to (full control) a machine that has a single display at 2560x1440.

It's working perfectly in normal and stretch view modes. But, when I go into full screen mode, the full screen opens on a different screen than I want it to. I am trying to go full screen and have it fill monitor 2 in the diagram above.

If I place the remote window (full control mode) on screen 2, make it maximized (scroll bars and title bar still there) then go to full screen (F12) it slides to screen 4. Hitting F12 to restore maximized mode goes back to screen 2.
If I place the remote window (full control mode) on screen 4, make it maximized (scroll bars and title bar still there) then go to full screen (F12) it slides to screen 1. Hitting F12 to restore maximized mode goes back to screen 4.
If I place the remote window (full control mode) on screen 5, make it maximized (scroll bars and title bar still there) then go to full screen (F12) it slides to screen 1. Hitting F12 to restore maximized mode goes back to screen 5.
If I place the remote window (full control mode) on screen 3, make it maximized (scroll bars and title bar still there) then go to full screen (F12) it slides to screen 4. Hitting F12 to restore maximized mode goes back to screen 3.
If I place the remote window (full control mode) on screen 1, make it maximized (scroll bars and title bar still there) then go to full screen (F12) it stays on to screen 1.

If I restart the program and start it again, the ordering of where it places itself can change. So, any ideas? :-)

If you want any tracing/debugging, I am more than willing to perform tests and gather logs for you

Thanks!
-Jim
hendryjl

Re: Multiple monitors / Full Control / Full Screen

Postby admin » 13 Dec 2018, 06:31

Hi Jim!
Very interesting situation/configuration.
We have fixed Viewer, it detect current monitor by left/top point (corner) of full control mode Window.
http://litemanager.ru/bug_test/ROMViewer.zip

PS
and we have an option
Fullscreen mode to all monitors — fullscreen mode stretched to all monitors of computer.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby hendryjl » 13 Dec 2018, 11:10

I extracted that version to a new folder and ran it. It seems to be exhibiting the same/similar behavior. Is there any logging produced that might help? Feel free to DM/Email me if you have you don't want to copy the forum in all of the back and forth.
hendryjl

Postby hendryjl » 13 Dec 2018, 11:19

Correction... I double checked the version in the about dialog and saw it was still the 4.8 viewer. I hadn't properly exited. My apologies.

I exited 4.8 properly and loaded 4.9. It would try to open a small window and close it, in a strange loop. Hard to describe. I changed the connection properties to "Normal" on the view mode and I was able to open it. I then reduced the size of the window to fit onto that monitor, and then used F12 to change it to Full Screen and it stayed on the correct display!! :D

If you want to investigate the "strangeness" I described any further, let me know. But, I appear to be working for now. Thank you!

-Jim
hendryjl

Return to LiteManager: Support