NOIP server

Troubleshooting

NOIP server

Postby schnugg » 24 Oct 2018, 16:49

Hi,

I made some first tests with my own public and private own NOIP-server and have a few questions please.

1.) If a litemanager server connects to "1_New_noip", will he always and only be connected to your host 91.240.86.200? What is the name (caption) of this host? Is it number 1 in the serverlist? Or can a litemanager server also automatically be connected to one of the OTHER public NoIP-Servers which are set up by litemanager customers? Or is "1_New_noip" a SERVER-GROUP with all the about 54 public servers?

2.) Where in the litemanager server can be seen with which public no-ip server (number, caption, ping, version) the litemanager server is connected when a connection is established?

3.) If I set up a own private NoIP-server, all the traffic goes through my NoIP server alone and I am independent from other servers?

4.) It seems that is possible to set up a NoIP server only as a public server or only as a private server (using the "synchronize"-function), because if I activate SYNC in the NoIP-server, it is not possible to activate the server as PUBLIC NoIP-Server. Or is there a way to set the NoIP-server both as a public server and as private server at the same time?

5.) Even with Portforwarding (Port 5651, UDP+TCP) activated, after a few minutes I got sometimes error "status: disconnected (connection error)" as my NoIP-server was set up as public server for testing. Some ideas?

6.) Once I a successfully could estabilsh a public NoIP server for testing for a few minutes and 5 foreign users connected to it. In the NoIP-server GUI I noticed that there was a traffic of 250 MB. Now I am a little bit afraid if these people maybe got files from my PC without my knowledge. Is that possible? Does an NoIP-Server transport big filedata or is it only a resolving IP address <=> ID-address server?

7.) Under "connect by ID" => "Info" I can see the public NoIP-servers, but the data of IP and ID is missing. If I choose one NoIP-server by pressing the button "SELECT", nothing seems to happen, only a litte windows fast appears and disappears. Because it seems the VIEWER uses ANY public NoIP-server to connect if "1_New_noip" was chosen. And in the Litemanager SERVER this settings are totally missing, so it seems only the VIEWER is able to select a special public NoIP-server even if this function seems not to be working yet.

8.) Is it possible that a VIEWER and a Litemanager SERVER are connected to each other via NoIP, but are connected to DIFFERENT PUBLIC NoIP-servers at the same time?

Thanks
:D
schnugg

Re: NOIP server

Postby admin » 25 Oct 2018, 12:22

Hi!

1. Yes it is our main NOIP, with number 1.
Here some info
http://www.litemanager.com/support/guid ... chnicians/

2. There is no information on the LM Server's side, only Viewer control it

3. Yes, sure! (I recomend that for everybody)

4. No, use it as Private only

5. Need a real IP address for Internet.

6. Impossible, NOIP it is only a bridge, router for transferring data between Viewer and Server.
Do not open Your NOIP.

7. Try t o use latest version of Viewer (there was a bug)
http://litemanager.com/soft/litemanager_4.9.zip

8. No.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby schnugg » 25 Oct 2018, 13:24

OK, many thanks for your answers :D

Again a few additional questions please:

1.) When a litemanager-server connects to PUBLIC NoIP with the "1_new_noip"-setting, he can also be connected with another public NoIP-server than your corporate #1-NoIP-server and he has no chance of determining a specific target public NOIP-Server. Right?

2.) When a VIEWER connects to the litemanager-server of question Nr. 1.), the viewer-user can see in the VIEWER during connection-establishment shortly the NOIP-Servernumber and the NOIP-Servername. So this is the same NOIP-server with which the litemanager-server of Nr. 1 is connected?

3.) What is the sense of the other public NoIP-servers for their provider? Is this common litemanager-support? I mean it is not possible for litemanager-servers to directly connect to these NOIP public servers, it is just luck which public NoIP-Server is chosen. So I cannot see a sense for the server-provider instead of common support for "foreign" litemanager users. Or am I wrong? :D

4.) I installed Version 4.9, but it is still not possible from the VIEWER-side to connect to a specific public NoIP-Server.

5.) You say the NOIP-server works as a "bridge". Is the number of max. connections at the NOIP-server depending on Upload-/Downloadspeed and PING? I mean goes the filetransfer through the internetconnection at the NOIP-server so the internetconnection is stressed?

Thanks
;)
Attachments
pic3.png
pic3.png (14.12 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
schnugg

Postby admin » 25 Oct 2018, 17:22

1.) When a litemanager-server connects to PUBLIC NoIP with the "1_new_noip"-setting, he can also be connected with another public NoIP-server than your corporate #1-NoIP-server and he has no chance of determining a specific target public NOIP-Server. Right?

NOIP or Viewer gives commands to LM Server, and LM Server connecting to intermidate NOIP.

2.) When a VIEWER connects to the litemanager-server of question Nr. 1.), the viewer-user can see in the VIEWER during connection-establishment shortly the NOIP-Servernumber and the NOIP-Servername. So this is the same NOIP-server with which the litemanager-server of Nr. 1 is connected?

yes

3.) What is the sense of the other public NoIP-servers for their provider? Is this common litemanager-support? I mean it is not possible for litemanager-servers to directly connect to these NOIP public servers, it is just luck which public NoIP-Server is chosen. So I cannot see a sense for the server-provider instead of common support for "foreign" litemanager users. Or am I wrong?

When others users Open their NOIP, they getting a Free status for NOIP and possiblem work with Free Viewer through private NOIP.

4.) I installed Version 4.9, but it is still not possible from the VIEWER-side to connect to a specific public NoIP-Server.

Select ID connection in Viewer's main list, right click and choose COnnection by ID, after in Config button Select intermidate NOIP and click Connect.
Hope it will work.

5.) You say the NOIP-server works as a "bridge". Is the number of max. connections at the NOIP-server depending on Upload-/Downloadspeed and PING? I mean goes the filetransfer through the internetconnection at the NOIP-server so the internetconnection is stressed?

Not depending on Speed,
But when Viewer choose intermidate NOIP, Viewer do Ping to them and chosse the better way.
Yes, at NOIP internet connection is stressed, because all data is transferred through NOIP
admin
Администратор

Postby schnugg » 25 Oct 2018, 18:11

Many thanks for your efforts. Now I have a better understanding ;)

Select ID connection in Viewer's main list, right click and choose COnnection by ID, after in Config button Select intermidate NOIP and click Connect.
Hope it will work.

Ahh...now I understand. This was the missing tutorial for me. I tried it and it works. :D

So with this function only the VIEWER is able to force the connection to a specific public NoIP-server for transmission.

For example: If the SERVER connects by ID at first to public NOIP-server #5 and then the VIEWER connects to the SERVER by ID to NOIP-server #10, the NOIP-server for transmission will be #10 for both ?

;)
schnugg

Postby admin » 26 Oct 2018, 06:23

So with this function only the VIEWER is able to force the connection to a specific public NoIP-server for transmission.

Correct.

For example: If the SERVER connects by ID at first to public NOIP-server #5 and then the VIEWER connects to the SERVER by ID to NOIP-server #10, the NOIP-server for transmission will be #10 for both ?

Yes.
admin
Администратор

Postby schnugg » 26 Oct 2018, 07:48

Good explanations from you. Many thanks!!

:D
schnugg

Return to LiteManager: Support