not able to work from locked remote screen

Troubleshooting

not able to work from locked remote screen

Postby ramram » 29 Aug 2019, 09:27

I am able to connect properly from my home machine to my work with no problem, either via a vpn , or via the romserver and so on.
But when my remote machine is in 'unlock Computer' mode (on xp) I only get a window screen on which I cant login (which I would want).
If it were normal like microsoft RDP I would get a login screen, but LiteManager doesnt give that. It just show a screen with with no login.
And this is the same when I connect to a windows 10 machine. The fact that I can see a locked remote screen is logical but the point that there is no response from the mouse.
Anyway I tried it several ways to connect to a remote machine that is locked.
When the screen is not locked then I do get access to the remote machine..

This looks like a bug.
So the whole thing is pretty useless, since I want to lock my computer at work. Then go home and connect again from home.
This is possible with normal windows rdp but not with LiteManager.. Please test it out yourself....

So basically when the screen of the remote computer (xp or win7 or win10) is locked, which is what you want, you can NOT login.
ramram

Re: not able to work from locked remote screen

Postby admin » 29 Aug 2019, 11:50

Did you install LiteManager as service from msi package ?
http://www.litemanager.com/support/Know ... er_viewer/

or use ROMServer.exe without installation as QuickSupport
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby ramram » 29 Aug 2019, 12:03

I installed everything properly via the installers.
But the romserver I started by hand. You got a point I can of course try it out as service. That should make a difference logically.
ramram

Postby ramram » 29 Aug 2019, 13:07

Ok I removed the whole software on my win10 and my xp machine.
Then I reinstalled litemanager 4.9 from your site.
I installed that on my win10 and on my winxp.
My win xp then runs only the litemanager server via an id (blue icon).

My win 10 runs the litemanager pro viewer (green icon) and wants to connect to xp. After some time connecting works via ID. so that looks good. Apparently it needs more time then I thought before it can connect. And apparently it can bypass the firewall (very nice and a specific reason why litemanager is quite usefull).

Now I disconnect on my win10 the litemanager connection.
I do a lock screen on my windows xp. Then on my windows 10 I try to reconnect again.
I get a loading remote screen. The screen is completely black except the little dropdown that hangs on on top of the window.

I do NOT see the remote login screen... I would have expected a screen on my win 10 litemanager showing the desktop with the xp login screen.
I don't, I only see a black screen with the mini menu on the top.

So my conclusion is that litemanager can not handle screen locks.

By the way doing it so that xp is the client I want to connect with and win10 holds the server I connect with makes no difference.
So please check the lock screen behavior, it is not good enough.

Someone using your software would be happy if he could connect and would see a normal login screen (IF the screen has been locked!).
Kind of like how rdp works..

I hope that you test it yourself so that I can test a new version. I am on the latest 4.9 version downloaded from the web.
ramram

Postby ramram » 29 Aug 2019, 13:09

And as an extra, the moment I unlock the screen on my xp then immediately after that the win10 shows the screen from xp...

(the same happens also if xp and 10 have reversed roles).

And!! if the screen is locked then the viewer doesn't get an update and still shows the last picture that was on the screen..
ramram

Postby admin » 30 Aug 2019, 05:48

LM should works on Lock screen, please send some screnshots to support@litemanager.com

But the romserver I started by hand.

ROM server is starting automatically.
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby ramram » 05 Sep 2019, 07:26

This is fixed. Litemanager (actually the ROMServer) needs to run as service!! This is important if you want to leave your remote machine in locked status and you want to be able to reconnect.

So be aware that if your screen automatically locks and request to login when you want to use it if it is locked after a timeout (as is often the case) that litemanger (the blue icon) needs to run as service.

So simply said:
If you run ROMServer by double clicking it and it isnt set to start as service then you wont be able to connect if the machine on which ROMServer is running when the screen is locked.
ramram

Return to LiteManager: Support