Windows UAC prompt and litemanger

General talks about LiteManager utility.

Windows UAC prompt and litemanger

Postby schnugg » 10 Feb 2018, 11:33

Hi,

using litemanager viewer I would like to do a software installation at a client (litemanager server) who runs Win10 and which user DON`T HAVE admin rights, because the user at the litemanager server only has common user rights.

When I was logged in at the litemanager server and the session was shared (no RDP!) and started the software installation the windows UAC-window-prompt appeared, but I was not able to type in the administrator credentials, because my litemanager-session freezed (only the client users session was still alive). This remote session freezing happens automatically at once when the UAC windows is openend by the system ...

This problem only appears in the "session sharing mode" in which both members (viewer+client) can work at the desktop live at the same time, but the problem is not appearing in the RDP-Mode in which only ONE member can work with the desktop.

I had the same problem by using the other remote control software "aeroadmin" and the solution there was to install the SERVICE of aeroadmin at the client (litemanager server). And "Teamviewer" does not have this problem.

But even when I install the litemanager service at the client, the problem still remains in litemanager...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
:D
schnugg

Re: Windows UAC prompt and litemanger

Postby admin » 11 Feb 2018, 12:10

Do You install LiteManager from MSI package? LiteManager Pro - Server.msi

http://www.litemanager.com/support/Know ... er_viewer/
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby schnugg » 11 Feb 2018, 13:34

Yes, I did.
schnugg

Postby admin » 11 Feb 2018, 14:46

Please attach or send to support@litemanager.com, screenshot of the problem (the frozen window)
admin
Администратор

Postby schnugg » 11 Feb 2018, 16:17

Here is the picture. Please note that the green session-number ID was made unrecognizable by myself with MS paint, so you only see a green block in the "Connect by ID"-window ;)

Again: Only the client user is able to type in the credentials in the UAC window, but the remote supporter (me as litemanager viewer user) is completely blocked from typing in and can do nothing as long as the client user has closed the UAC window.

But I as supporter would like to type in the admin-credentials in the UAC windows to work as admin in the users session!
Attachments
bild2.png
bild2.png (160.54 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
schnugg

Postby admin » 12 Feb 2018, 11:53

I checked it and seems no problem.
I correctly understand, you didn't use RPD sessions?

on screenshot I see the ROMserver.exe file, but you must install server from LiteManager Pro - Server.msi.
admin
Администратор

Postby schnugg » 12 Feb 2018, 12:39

Hi,

It seems you are right and I must have made an error ... I`ll check it out again...

Thanks for your support so far

;)
schnugg

Postby ScottM » 03 Jul 2018, 14:36

Is there an installation guide somewhere btw? I'd like to avoid mistakes like this.
ScottM

Postby admin » 03 Jul 2018, 17:32

admin
Администратор

Return to LiteManager: General Discussions